Sunday 26 June 2011

FESTIVAL – DAY SEVEN

Day seven; the last day of the festival. Whoa... it is barely possible to believe the week flew by so fast. As the week wore on, I found myself feeling more and more overloaded and exhausted, and I loved every minute of it. Taking a lasting break from seminars and meetings, I wanted my last day to be special - so I attended my first awards show!

I had no idea that the awards show (for Film, etc) would be so swanky, intense, and coveted. After waiting in a line of what seemed like thousands, we finally made it in. Climbing up to the very top (two rows from the last row in the whole theater!) we found our seats and waited for the show to begin. Again I was shocked at the display they put on - the music, the lights... even a matching set of beautiful to hand out the awards. This felt comparable to the Oscars or the Grammys but it was for Advertising.

The highlight of the of the awards ceremony was seeing the great work from other countries. Being an American, I of course have seen and laughed at the Old Spice "Man, Man", loved the Darth Vader clad kid "starting" the car, and seen many other ads that were featured in the show. However, it was amazing to be surprised by new commercials - I laughed at some, got goosebumps at others, and enjoyed them all. It was a great way to end my festival experience: seeing all this great work in the midst of the people who actually created it.

No comments:

Post a Comment